Workshop I | Arts & Economics | Prof. Dr. Bruno Frey & Dr. Jana Gallus
Seemooser Horn, LZ 07
Prof. Dr. Bruno Frey
What has economics to do with the arts?
- Analytical approach: rational choice analysis and extensions
- Content: Insights of art economics
Is investment in art profitable?
- How to calculate the rate of return
- Critical issues
Copies and fakes in art
- Beneficial and harmful effects
Dr. Jana Gallus
Who collects art?
- Who are the art collectors?
- The home bias in art collection
The evaluation of cultural property
- Various analytical approaches
The economics of museums and art exhibitions
- Basic economic issues
- Superstar museums
- In what respect do art exhibitions differ from museums?
Towse, Ruth (2014), Cultural Economics, Elgar, Cheltenham.
Frey, Bruno S. and Pommerehne, Werner (1989), Muses and Markets, Blackwell, Oxford
Frey, Bruno S. (2003), Arts and Economics, Springer, Berlin, 2nd ed.