Although students may attend Zeppelin Universität in several capacities, international students generally enroll as either degree-seeking students or as guest students from a partner university. Students whose aim it is to enrol in a course of study at ZU leading to the completion of an undergraduate or graduate degree apply for admission alongside other applicants from Germany. This formal application process is guided by the Zeppelin Universität Office of Admissions.
Students who intend to spend a semester exchange at ZU will apply as non-degree-seeking guest students directly to the ZU International Office.
Procedures for Admission: Degree-seeking International Students
Students who intend to enroll at ZU as degree-seeking students should contact the International Office:
Mrs Silke Pfaller
Head of International Office | International Affairs
Tel. +49 7541 6009-2040 | Fax +49 7541 6009-1149
The application process at ZU consists of two parts. First, students complete an online application (called a ‘kick-off’) and send all appropriate application material to the Office of Admissions. Important: The application material are in and must be completed in the German language. Applications submitted in English or any other language may not be considered.
At this point, a panel of ZU professors and administrators screen all applications for qualified students. Second, students designated as formally qualified for admission by this panel receive an invitation to travel to Friedrichshafen for a day of exercises and interviews. Final decisions concerning the applications are then transmitted to the candidates by mail approximately one week following the interview event.
1. Educational Qualifications: Undergraduate applicants must show the equivalency of a German Abitur upon submission of application material. International applicants seeking admission to the ZU graduate school must demonstrate the equivalency of an undergraduate university degree.
2. Language Requirements: Although a good number of courses are offered in English at ZU, students will not be in a position to complete a degree program in English. Knowledge of English is preferred; knowledge of German is an absolute necessity. ZU requires that all degree-seeking applicants demonstrate a minimum of intermediate-level German skills. Evidence of German competency can be demonstrated in a variety of ways, such as submitting a TestDaf score of 4.0. Language institutions, such as those listed below, also offer examinations that are recognized by Zeppelin Universität as evidence of German language proficiency.
In addition to demonstrating intermediate German skills, applicants from China are required to submit APS documentation.
Regarding English, students may opt to submit a TOEFL or IELTS report as proof of English skills. Although Zeppelin Universität does not require students to submit standardized test scores concerning English skills, applicants’ English abilities may factor into the ultimate admission decision.
TOEFL iBT: 90 internet-based or IELTS: Overall score of 6.5
Procedures for Admission: Exchange Students
1. Students who wish to visit ZU for one semester within the framework of a partnership agreement should first notify the international office at their home institution.
2. Incoming guest students will receive notification of formal admission as an exchange student to ZU, assistance with questions regarding the student visa, housing, and general day-to-day activities associated with studying at ZU as well as life in the community.
3. Click here for the application form.
4. Exchange students are not required to demonstrate proficiency in the German language, for they will enroll in English language courses. TOEFL iBT is required for one-semester exchange students. TOEFL iBT: 90 internet-based (TOEFL iBT applies to non-English Nations only)
5. Application deadlines:
1 November for Spring Semester
1 June for Fall Semester
Please send your application documents to
Am Seemooser Horn 20
Spring Semester 2014
Semester Period: 1 January - 31 May 2014
Arrival Date: 7 January 2014
Orientation Week: 10 - 17 January 2014
Semester start: 20 January 2014
Easter Break: 17 - 22 April 2014
Reading Week: 28 April - 7 May 2014
Exams Period: 8 - 24 May 2014
Semester End: 31 May 2014
Summer Break: 1 June - 27 August 2014
Fall Semester 2014
Semester Period: 1 September - 31 December 2014
Arrival Date: 28 August 2014
Orientation Week: 1 - 5 September 2014
Semester start: 8 September 2014
Reading Week: 8 - 12 December 2014
Exams Period: 11 - 23 December 2014
Semester End: 31 December 2014
“I like to study at Zeppelin University, therefore I decided to stay another semester, because, among other areas of studies, Zeppelin University focuses on the research and the teaching of culture aspects of politics. These subjects are of great interest to me. In addition, Zeppelin University is located in the triangle of three countries, Germany, Austria and Switzerland, which is very appealing to me both culturally and geographically.”
Miss Daniel Handler, Incoming Student, from Ben Gurion University of the Negev, Israel
Ein Semester an den Hochschulen
UC Berkeley, Goldsmiths College oder Copenhagen Business School verbringen. Jetzt informieren.